"Reaching the goal"
Details and Arrangements
The first stage following your initial enquiry is usually an exploratory meeting or discussion to talk about the problem and see if we think we can help, and for you to form an initial view about us.
Assuming both of these are positive, there would usually be an assignment meeting to discuss the issues in more detail. Typically this would be a preliminary look at:
This then leads to us, and perhaps others if you have asked them, providing you with a written proposal for the project. For small, straightforward projects, the proposal might be quite short, whilst for larger of more complex ones, the format of our proposal is usually something like:
- The project and probable Terms of Reference
- Your view of initial steps to resolve the problem
- Any parameters you want to set.
- The timescale
- Any likely reactions to possible change
- Format for presentation of the results
This proposal, if accepted by you, forms the agreement for the work to be undertaken and the overall plan for execution of the work.
- The purpose of the project
- Terms of reference and success criteria
- The benefits
- The approach we will adopt and the scope of our work
- A timetable
- Reporting points
- A costing summary
- Personnel & qualifications
- Subcontracted work if any
- Use of client personnel and resources (if any)
- Steering committee arrangements if appropriate
We are small and flexible, and happy to consider anything within our scope, so if you have a problem, don't let it gather dust, contact us, either by email or phone, and begin the process that will transform your problem to an opportunity.